Happy New Year!!
I hope everyone had a great NYE! This one was different for us than usual but definitely one for the books. Adam and I changed our plans with friends last minute, so instead of celebrating at the busy beach bar we went to last year, we invited them over to our new place to play card games and go on a midnight bike ride (in true Goonies/Stranger Things fashion). We watched 7-10 firework shows go off in the Tampa horizon from the comfort of our bike seats, and then lighted sparklers on the pier. :) It was a low-key celebration especially compared to last year’s, but perfect nonetheless; a reflection of a calmer, tranquil new year I hope to have.
I'm so excited about the arrival of 2017 and more than happy to put the last year behind me. While there were some good things that happened for us in ’16, I certainly don’t think it was the best. To me, a year is a "good" year when it’s good beyond my personal life. A "good" year is a good year for humanity, one of progressiveness and compassion. Well, I feel 2016 was not. Instead, it was a notorious year filled with hatred and violence in the world, and for that reason, I’m glad to put it behind me. I think we can do better, and I’m hoping 2017 is the time for that.
I won’t get into politics in this post and I’m going to keep it positive, because I really want to embrace a hopeful outlook for this new year. So I’m going to welcome 2017 with open arms and dive straight into 7 personal goals (my lucky number!) I’m setting this year!
1. Get back into a consistent exercise routine. I also want to use my new Fitbit to record and track my progress.
2. Eat healthier. I fell off the wagon during the holidays, whoops. I just love pie so much. You with me?! #noregrets
3. Downsize to one car. That way, we can put more $ into savings faster. We don't need two cars right now anyway.
4. De-clutter more. As we transition into our new house, I've found it much easier to let go of things I don't need/want anymore. I've sold and donated a lot of stuff in the past couple months, and I want to make this a regular practice.
5. Continue to pay for the rest of my Masters program in cash. So far, I'm 100% debt free from grad school, and I'm determined to keep it that way. No more loans!
7. GRADUATE!!! And take a trip somewhere far with Adam in celebration of being done with college forever and ever and ever thank you Jesus.
And while I'd love to put down "put up fence" and "get new flooring" as goals, I'm trying to be reasonable here. :P Who knows, it might happen...but there's no rush. Maybe next year? :) We'll see.
Best wishes for 2017,
What are your goals for 2017? Share them in the comments below!
VIEW RECENT POSTS