Happy Thursday AKA almost-through-this-horrible-week day! Seriously though, it's probably been one of the worst weeks I've had in a long time. I wasn't sure if it was mostly due to people at work driving me up the wall or the fact that I had to take one of the hardest exams I've taken in years, but nope, it was definitely an equal combination of both.
Since I should be doing homework or studying for my midterms right now, I'll have to make this quite succinct, so I've come up with a list of 5 things I'm excited about. Unfortunately, like I expressed in this post, I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to my favorite hobbies right now and won't for a while, but it doesn't mean there's nothing to celebrate and be grateful for! So, without further ado, here are 5 of them. :)
1. ADAM AND I BOUGHT A HOUSE!! The story behind this is pretty crazy and complicated, but yes, it's true! It actually happened, and believe me, we were as surprised about it as you are! 6 months ago (not even) I would've told you this was a joke, but c'est la vie - life has its surprises, and boy, was this one of the best surprises ever :) We absolutely love our new home in charming, colorful Safety Harbor; it's perfect for us, and it was truly meant to be ours! When I walk through the door, I still can't believe that I'm in the house my family - my kids - will call home for years to come. I'll share more about our beachy bungalow on the bay in a separate post soon!
2. I got a promotion! Starting 10/10, I'll officially be the new therapist on one of the units at work. I'll be doing legit 1:1's and family sessions with my own clients, and will get supervision at the same time so it'll count for my practicum and internship credits for school! It's crazy that I got this position because it's Master's level or above, but I got it?! Hey, life sure has been throwing me some curveballs lately, so hell yeah I've earned it. Also, Adam also got a promotion (which I mentioned on this post), so we'll be putting away more $ into our savings faster. He'll be working from home full-time soon which is awesome, because we're planning on getting rid of one of the cars which will also help us achieve some financial goals quicker. We're pretty pumped about starting 2017 on a good foot and getting ahead financially. It has taken time, a lot of effort and definitely discipline, but it's all compounding the way it should. (By the way, read this book! I mention it briefly here - I swear by it.)
3. Adam and I have really enjoyed riding our bikes around town! (By the way, we haven't moved into our new house yet - my parents are renting it from us. We're waiting to move in in January when our lease is up. It hasn't stopped us from stopping by on the reg, though!) I used to live in Safety Harbor in my single days straight out of college, and I loved it. I biked what might seem like an excessive amount to anyone else haha, but biking was my only mode of transportation, no lie! So now that we can just hop on bikes and explore some trails and head to the park, water, downtown, causeway, or basically anywhere, I'm looking forward to having one less car (and getting some good daily cardio again!). We got a kid carrier/bike trailer for Koda and she's hilarious in it, but hey, it works! It's so fun taking her along on our bike rides - when she is tired from running, she just jumps in the carrier and exploring on we go. It's great!
4. We've loved getting to know our little harbor town and fellow residents! Discoveries like Sno Beach, the new Hawaiian shaved ice place on Main Street (fave flavor pictured above: Tiger's Blood! Sooo delicious and refreshing!) and plans for a new boardwalk add to our excitement in calling Safety Harbor home. We've also recently met some pretty cool people around our age and actually plan on hanging out with a couple (who actually just moved to SH) this weekend. In fact, Adam and I have actually struck up some good conversations whilst riding our bikes en route to downtown! People are so friendly here. We love that there's always something lively going on and people outside enjoying the sunshine, whether they are walking their dogs, running, biking, or outside in their yards having cookouts, or on their front porches reading a book. I just love seeing people happily go about their day, even if it's for a little while. It makes me happy. Life is hectic and can become pretty mundane, but a little bit of joy on ordinary days gives it, well...life.
5. There are some trips on the horizon which we're excited about! We'll be flying to California in October and plan to spend Christmas in DC or Colorado with family. Random, but we also won a 4-day Caribbean cruise and a 3 night hotel stay somewhere in the U.S. from a raffle we entered in a month or so ago at a home show! Things have been crazy busy lately so we haven't really had time to plan the details, but it's nice to know there are exciting things to look forward to when we can finally take that well-deserved breather. :)
Well, that's it for now, but I plan on spending some time tomorrow writing a bit, so who knows - maybe I'll get to my next post sooner than I initially intended! I'm actually surprised I was able to crank this one out with so much going on, ha.
Goodnight (or good morning/day)! This busy wifey needs sleep, and lots of it (and as a matter of fact shouldn't be awake right now...whoops).
VIEW RECENT POSTS