Here's a picture of our pumpkins from last year, our first Halloween as newlyweds, because we were just so busy this year we completely forgot to carve pumpkins. :) Yup, it happens, and I ain't mad.
For Halloween weekend this year, we went to an InterNations Halloween party at Hofbräuhaus in St. Pete (they have the BEST pretzels and beer cheese sauce there!) and had a fantastic time with new friends from around the world. I'll write more about this experience later because it deserves its own post, but for now I'll just say that it was an incredible experience and we are so glad to have found this group! To match the occasion, I was dressed up as the classic Oktoberfest/German beer maid of course. Afterwards, we went to our friends' house party.
We spent Halloween night (which fell on a Monday this year) walking up and down Main Street watching loads of families trick-or-treat! We had no idea it would be such a hit - there were definitely hundreds of people there! It was awesome. We love Safety Harbor!
A list of my favorite things in October:
1. Spooky decorations!
2. Halloween movie marathons! HOCUS POCUS FTW.
3. Listening to The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack on repeat!
4. Pumpkin scented candles! Candles everywhere!
6. Everyone's imaginations are running wild and free! It's so refreshing to see people's playful, creative side come out for at least one day out of the year!
7. Again, costumes, but omg CHILDREN AND DOGGIES in costume! SO. CUTE.
8. Trick-or-treating, duh!
9. Halloween is universal! Well, maybe not everywhere - but billions of people get dressed as fictional characters on the 31st, and I think that's awesome!! It feels like we all come together in a sense!
10. Carving pumpkins! Oh, wait. ;)
October sure felt like it flew by. How did you spend your Halloween? Hope everyone had a safe and fun one!
VIEW RECENT POSTS